carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

i want to put two 16 channell DVRs onto a 50 inch TV via HDMI

Customer Question

i want to put two 16 channell DVRs onto a 50 inch TV via HDMI at the same time in a split screen format, 16 channells on the left and 16 channells on the right.
tnx
Category: TV
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

I am unsure if it will be possible it all depends on the type of tv. Could you send me the model number of you tv?

JACUSTOMER-rn0j55j4- :

hi it is a 50 inch samsung, not sure of model no as it is in another property. it has the usual connections.

JACUSTOMER-rn0j55j4- :

even if we can acheive through VGA, Composite or any input.

Customer:

I will do some research and get back to you soon.

Customer:

Some samsung tv's will be able to do picture in picture (PIP). If you could find out the model number it would be a great help.

How are the DVR's connected to the tv is it scart 1 and scart 2?

JACUSTOMER-rn0j55j4- :

the Dvrs are currently connected via a composite switch which doese the job but the pictures are over streched

JACUSTOMER-rn0j55j4- :

i hope i haven't paid for the above. as it has been no help whatsoever. and why have you stepped out mid conversation.

JACUSTOMER-rn0j55j4- :

what is this rip off

JACUSTOMER-rn0j55j4- :

im not so daft i dont know about PIP

Customer:

Sorry I had to go offline yesterday and you were showing as offline. The only possible way you will get the pictures to display on the same screen is using PIP or using a video multiplexer .I was hoping the tv would be able to do PIP as this would cost no money to sort out where as a video multiplexer would cost around £100 As you already understand about PIP have you tried it to see the outcome?