Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Toshiba 19DL502B2 LED TV which was working perfectly

I have a Toshiba 19DL502B2 LED TV which was working perfectly however when I put it on this evening a first time installation screen came up asking me to choose a language (I did all this when I originally bought it) and it asks me to press ok to select but nothing happens and the screen is completely frozen. How can I clear it to watch tv??
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first thing to do is this ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we may be looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jack, did you get my response

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Sorry had to step out but no i did not get anything except this last reply from you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I did as you said but no joy, the same screen pops up and won't move. Weirdly the DVD part of it is still working perfectly and playing it behind the frozen screen. I can hear it and see it for a second when I switch tv to standby. What should I do next

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

That is rather odd to say the least , talking about the dvd playing while that screen is frozen .

How long have you had this tv now ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 6 months

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

O.k then i would definitely look into a warranty claim as this looks seriously like a defective main board that went beyond a simple reset procedure or some adjustments.

Sorry this takes a while but i was trying to find a contact number for toshiba tv UK and so far all i got is this website ;

https://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation/generic/tv-support/

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Finally got it here ;

For Television, Recorder, and DVD support, please call 0333(###) ###-####/strong>(UK) or 01246 7780 (ROI)

Thank you very much for the rating .
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.