Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot tune in the digital Channels 3 - 4 or 5 on my Bravia

Customer Question

I cannot tune in the digital Channels 3 - 4 or 5 on my Bravia KDL-26T30 - This programme number is ***** available - I have tried auto and maual tuning - all the othet digital channels are working ok - only 3 - 4 - 5 are a problem - my other sony tv works ok so it is not the signal. - help!!
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Please try turning off the TV and unplugging it from the wall electrical plug.

Wait for 60 seconds and plug it back in.

Now turn it on and see if you can bring in those channels.

If not please make sure that the aerial cable is plugged into the back of the TV tightly.

If still no joy, is it possible for you to take this TV to the location of the other one try using the aerial cable in the other room?

If you can do this and you still can't receive these channels please let me know and we can continue with the troubleshooting.

I am assuming that your TV is plugged into a roof aerial rather than Sky box?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the Bravia KDL 26T30 is plugged into a roof aerial not sky box - I have tried all the suggested solutions without success - I have also tried using another aerial but still no go - I think the problem is with tuning process within the the TV - I have tried the automatic tuning a few times but it does not pick up channels 3 / 4 / 5 - also tried the manual tuning for these three channels without success - all the other channels and the general tv are working ok.

Any ideas?

I'm going to Opt out to let another Expert help you. There is no need to rate my service as I have not been able to help you today. Thank you!

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. My name is ***** ***** I am a different Expert. Can you please tell me how long you've owned this TV for, and also when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aric

Bought TV 4/5 years ago - problem started late last week

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. Did you also try the previous Expert's suggestion of trying the TV at another location within the house?