Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Metronic Eco Digi Scart Samsung LCD TV. Digi

I have Metronic Eco Digi Scart for my Samsung LCD TV.
Digi light on, TV on, "No signal!"
If I press TV/Radio on Classic remote I get 724 Capital FM "no signal!"
Pressing TV/Radio I get 10 ITV 3 "No signall!"
Can you help me to re set please - was working perfectly! I must have pressed a wrong button.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to assist, but I need to ask for more information.
1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV?
2) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
3) IMPORTANT: What sources are connected to the TV (Cable/SAT box, DVD player, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which source you select?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1) LE15E31S S

2) Nov 2004 Problem occurred 2 days ago, I must have pressed a button on the remote by mistake. Before that it was working perfectly - it must be something I have done. I use the Classic remote control all the time but I also have the Samsung remote control. I might have mucked the setting up. Hope you can help!

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I need to know what devices specifically are connected to the TV in order to work on a solution, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry,

3) No other source apart from digi box.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I understand.
What exactly do you see on your screen if you grab the Digi Box remote and press the Channel up buttons- do the channel numbers show up on the screen?
Also, were you using this remote, or the Samsung remote when the problem happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was using the Classic remote when it happened, then I fiddled with the Samsung remote, stupid of me.

On Classic - Pressed Main Menu:

Channel

Installation

Sep up

Tools

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Again, if you press the channel button on the Digi Box remote do the numbers on the screen change please? Knowing this will tell me what steps to take next.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I press 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 or 9 it comes up NO CHANNEL but ITV 3 is on 10

The ONLY channel that appears is ITV3

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay this means the issue is almost 99% isolated to the box itself. Please try a full reboot of the box, and the TV, by shutting the TV off and then disconnecting BOTH from power for 2 minutes, and then plugging them both back in. Once the box boots up, turn on the TV and let me know what you see on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I have done that.

However, the only channel I can get is ITV 3, on Channel 10.

Whatever other channel I press it says "No channel"

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're still using the Digi remote correct?
The reason I ask is that IF so, then this points directly to the problem being and issue with the Digi Box- and NOT the TV. Since all channels are being processed through the box, and then there's simply a Scart from the box to the TV, then any No Channel info would be due to the box not receiving a signal from the aerial/coaxial cable.
Please first make sure the TV (using the Samsung remote's SOURCE button), is set to the "Scart" or "Video" Input, and once that is confirmed reply back as it points to an issue with the Digi Box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What does the Scart sign look like on the remote control?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
There isn't a Scart sign. I said to press "SOURCE" using the Samsung remote control and then select either Scart (if that option shows), or Video. If you can't see these then reply back with what options SOURCE brings up on the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pressing Source brings up

AV1 (in yellow) Stereo ,nothing else

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Press it repeatedly and tell me each option please. Each press changes the source one time- the TV has several.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

AV1 Stereo

AV2 Stereo

S-Video Stereo

Check signal cable

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, check the back of the TV where the Digi Box plugs into. This port will be labeled (AV 1, AV 2, etc.). Please tell me what the port is labeled on the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, there is only one place the digi box can plug into, there does not seem to be a labelled port, it is quite long and deep. I shall have to leave it as I have got to go out. I shall have to take it to a TV repairer. I must have pressed a button and upset all the settings, hopefully they can set it up from the Samsung controls onto the digi box.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Make sure the Digi Box is turned on then select EACH of the AV 1 and AV 2 sources on the Samsung using the Samsung remote. Let me know if either of these yields a signal form the Digi Box. If NOT then the issue is the box itself and is actually hardware or signal related. In this case please tell me whom your cable/sat provider is and how long you've owned the box for please.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?