info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My Sony HD TV Model 40W5810 has lost HD digital channels.

My Sony HD TV Model 40W5810 has lost HD digital channels. It is not the aerial - I had it checked this morning. I have manually retuned the digital channels and all are showing interference the same as the HD channels on Freeview. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

If you try another input like a DVD player for example how are the pictures using that please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problems with the picture when input is from DVD player.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Can you explain the interference a bit more?what does it look like?is it mosaicing or pic freezing or dropping out?is the sound affected?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - yes I guess you would call it mosaicing, parts of the picture across the whole screen break up randomly and constantly change, the sound is also affected and seems linked to the change "mosaicing" in the picture. At no time does the picture completely disappear.

Look forward to your further feedback.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK thats a much better description if you have had the aerial checked by a rigger then the only thing left is the tuner within the set however to be sure about the reception you should try another TV at the same point

Let me know if you can do that

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thank you for your help with my questions - I am not able to check the signal with another tv, and as you indicated it may be a problem with HD tuner. On this basis I am considering purchasing a new tv.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK but please beware if its a signal issue and you are still using the aerial you will have a problem with the new set too

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony