Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

!My mother recently purchased a 32" Samsung Smart TV

Hi!
My mother recently purchased a 32" Samsung Smart TV UE32H5500 from PC World. As the store didn't have a Samsung TV camera, they recommended the Sony CMU-BR200, which she duly ordered. Although the camera is connected via the designated USB, it is not being detected. The second slot is currently occupied by a wireless keyboard, which is working fine. Removing this makes no difference. The software update is set to Auto.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers!
Andrew
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Samsung only recommends Samsung cameras for use with their TV as the software that both operate on is fully compatible. I'm not sure why the store would recommend a Sony camera- as Samsung sets are designed with certain accessories in mind.
While the Sony may be great for a PC using the USB connection, the Samsung TV is not exactly a PC. Even though it's a Smart TV, it has it's own Firmware on the Mainboard that is flashed by Samsung to operate only with certain supported USB devices. In short the Sony will not work, and there is only one model of Samsung camera that is specified TO work with this TV.
The Samsung VG-STC3000 camera is the only one designed to work and supported by your 5500 series UE TV:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-VG-STC3000-XC-Video-Camera/dp/B00BKW4ASA
If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.