Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

i recently brought a Polaroid 19inch tv/dvd combi and I cant

i recently brought a Polaroid 19inch tv/dvd combi and I cant get the dvd to work
the message on the screen is telling me that the function cant work-there seems to be a disc already in the player-wha can you suggest?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to assist, but I need to ask for more info.
1) Cab you please get the model number off of the back of the TV?
2) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model no=SSDV1911-I1-D0

Not been able to use dvd function since received last year

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Is the unit less than or over one year from the date of purchase please? The reason I ask is that this is a hardware failure, not something that can be cured via any settings or adjustments.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the unit is less than one year from date of purchase

I have tried the settings on the unit with no avail

so does this mean the unit cant be repaired?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Yes it can be repaired, but since it's still within warranty you would want to contact the retailer and get the number for Polaroid to start a repair ticket on the TV. The only other option involves paying for a new DVD drive out of pocket and performing a DIY repair, which is not favorable since Polaroid will rrpair it for free. If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please do not forget to click a positive rating so that I am credited.