info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung UHD Smart TV bought a year ago (UE65F9000).

I have a Samsung UHD Smart TV bought a year ago (UE65F9000). Stanby light is on but I cannot turn the TV on. Screen is blank. Remotes do not work.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Can you switch on from the set itself manually?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it is wall mounted. I cant find any manual switch on the TV itself.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Nigel there will be one, its just so if we know if its the remote thats the problem OR the TV itself, I will have a look but it is there every set has manual buttons channel change program and on/off

In the meantime you can check if the remote is working by pointing it at a mobile phone or digital camera and pressing buttons whilst viewing the remote through the viewfinder, you should see a glow from the remote eye in the front if its working, try using a remote that you know works first so you know what you are looking for

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The remote is working ok.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK you do need to clear it manually though

I will have a look see where it is

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant find any manual switch on TV

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK and its not in the manual either

The only option you have is a reboot which is disconnect from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again, if that does not work you will need to call in the warranty for the set (even if the set is over 1 year please contact the retailer or samsung or both)anything else will invalidate what warranty you have

Let me knoe if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok many thanks. Will go forward under the warranty