Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Pilot light will only flicker and TV won't turn on ??

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What's the model number off of the back of the TV?
2) How long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problems only arose yesterday. Can't access back as mounted on wall and am alone at present! Will try again when I get help . Thank you for responding .

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, when you're able to get some help, please unplug the TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute, then plug the set back in and preRess power once. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing happened. Problem unchanged.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
This indicates a hardware failure of the TV that requires service I'm afraid. If you're able to pull the model number, I can give you an estimate of what the repair will cost. Sorry for the bad news on this one.