Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752
TV

my TX-P50G10B TV comes on then switches its self of strate

hi my TX-P50G10B TV comes... Show More
hi my TX-P50G10B TV comes on then switches its self of strate away and will not stay on
Category: TV
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) When the TV shuts itself off, does the power light on the set begin to blink at all?
If so, how many blinks between pauses (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I have had the set three years i will have to set it up to count the blinks if this is needed im happy to do that

Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply Mike. Yes, the blinking is a code used by Panasonic to determine what is wrong with the set. The specific number of blinks between pauses is the code. For example: 2X,2X,2X is one code. 7X,7X,7X is another, etc.
Please let me know what you get.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

flashing red 3-3 repeating

Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).
However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.
The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

have tried 4 times with no luck the green light flashing fast around 14/15 times then geos red 3x3 red then turns off

Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago.
Okay, please elaborate on the power light. Are you saying it turns red and only blinks 3X, 3X- and then stops blinking altogether?
Also, when you pressed power, did the screen light up even for a second?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

the screen does not light up at all . pressed power button green light blinks fast 14/15 times then stops red light comes on blinks 3..3 repeating

Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago.
Okay so the 3 blinks keeps repeating. This is a fault in the power supply board in the TV and requires replacement of that component. If you're looking to repair the TV yourself, you can purchase the power supply board at the link below for your set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-ETX2MM747MFF-Power-Supply-Unit-/360694050383?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.