LongTermTech
LongTermTech,
13568747

The on/off button at the side of my Toshiba Regza is not

Customer Question

The on/off button at the side of my 5-year old Toshiba Regza is not working. We have to turn it off at the mains. Please advise Thanks. Barbara

Category: TV
Expert:  LongTermTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Either the switch/button is itself broken, or else the signal from it is being ignored.

To tell which - an important distinction, since one means replacing a switch, the other means extensive work and/or replacements - you should try other controls, when the turning-Off doesn't work, to see if other controls still work.

- if other controls and functions work, then you probably just have a defective On/Off button, and that needs replacing.

- if other controls and functions (any or all) do *not* work, then you most likely have some severe circuitry and/or power problems in the TV's circuitry, and you will need some extensive servicing of the TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I forgot to mention that ,when the TVC has been in 'standby' for a time, we cannot turn on the TV with a handset. We've checked the batteries etc. Again, we have to turn the TV off at the mains and start again. is having an adverse effect on my recorder.