Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I cannot get a signal from your view box. If I disconnect

I cannot get a signal from your view box. If I disconnect the ariel from the view box and reconnect it to my TV I can get my tv programs. Whilst the lights come on the view box it will not give me a signal on my tv.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to assist, but I need more info.
1) What's the model number off of the back of the TV?
2) How specifically is the View Box connected to the TV (using what type of cable)?
3) Do you have the original TV remote nearby and are you changing the "Input"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model no. is L24DVDB19. Cable connected from view box to tv is HDM1

I have the original remote but I do not understand what you mean by "input"

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. The TV does not automatically sense that something new has been plugged into it. In order to display something on the TV you need to "activate" the INPUT- which is the HDMI Input in this case.
On the original TV remote, locate a button labeled either of the following:
Input
Source
TV/Video
Find ONE of the above aforementoined buttons and press it until you see the HDMI icon show up on the screen. If you get stuck, let me know specifically where you are stuck (at what step) and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got the source button and clicked down to HDM1. A message has come up on the screen which says, "This channel is not set up. For more information contact your service provider".

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, this means that now you're on the correct Source setting and need to run through the Channel Setup Instructions on the View Box. Have you done that yet?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If you're still stuck, then please postback with the specific Make and Model of the View Box you have, since simply "View Box" does not show up under any type of search.