Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

, im trying to connect a toshiba soundbar to my toshiba

hi , im trying to connect a toshiba soundbar to my toshiba tv by hdmi but its not working, my tv does not have optical
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your Toshiba TV and sound bar?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model of tv is 48L345*DB and the soundbar is SB3950M1

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info, I'm working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes with answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks , i have managed to connect my external harddrive to the sound bar via hdmi but im struggling with connecting the rest of my equiptment, ie.. bt vision box which runs my tv programmes

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Your TV does have Coaxial Audio Out jack (its round jack similar to RCA jack) that provides digital audio signal and you need to hook Digital Coax to Optical Converter device which will convert coax signal into optical audio signal where you can plug optical cable of sound bar to get TV sound in sound bar.
Please check following link to view required Digital Coax to Optical Converter Device price info...
http://tinyurl.com/pkfkkkm
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if i go and buy this device will it defo work and will all my other devices work also, i have three hdmi inputs on my tv and two on the soundbar plus 1 hdmi output on the soundbar is there anyway i can connect my tv / external hard drive and ps3 to the soundbar without this device your recommending

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sound bar has ARC (audio return channel) feature that works through HDMI and TV must have same HDMI port having ARC mark/ feature.
You can connect all your devices to TV and Coax Audio Out port on TV will work whatever device is being watched so your sound bar will provide the sound as well through Digital Coax to Optical Converter Device.
I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks i will order one now, i will leave you positive feedback so you will get paid, thanks for your help, i hope it works, regards, dave

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Dave, rest assured, it will work.
Thank you and good luck!
Shahid.