Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I received my new tv today and on setting it up I have thin

I received my new tv today and on setting it up I have thin coloured vertical lines on the screen and at the bottom of the screen it is black upto approx. 3inches
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What is the make and model of the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

toshiba22D133*B

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Barbara.
Can you remove the power from the TV (remove the plug from the wall) and wait 10 minutes.
The connect the power and turn on the TV and tell me if you still get the lines showing please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have to go upstairs that is why I took so long . the tv has been unplugged for approx. 30 minutes , just connected again still same problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The problem then is the LCD screen on the TV is faulty Barbara.
It is not the aerial as you have tried multiple aerials, but it is the screen itself that is faulty.
It is not common with this model but this can happen.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.