Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I inherited a Panasonic Viera TV TX-L26X10B from my Mother-in-law;

Customer Question

I inherited a Panasonic Viera TV TX-L26X10B from my Mother-in-law; I think it is some 4/5 years old and I have no User Guide with it. It is an excellent TV.
More recently I bought from a friend a good-as-new Samsung BD-E8900M Combo. All the SmartHub features work fine, but I cannot tune the TV to the Samsung; AutoTune picks up no channels! I rang Samsung Support who were not that helpful, and then advised me to contact Panasonic about resetting the TV back to Factory Settings.
Is this possible, and if so how do I achieve it? Or, am I missing something in trying to connect my Panasonic TV to the Samsung Combo? At present I have the main TV Aerial lead running into the Samsung, a lead from the Samsung to the TV Aerial plug and HDMI cable from TV to Samsung.
Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, You don't tune the TV to the Samsung BD player, what you need to do instead, is make sure the payer is connected to the TV using an HDMI cable.
Then using the Panasonic remote find the TV/Video or Input button and select the HDMI Input you are plugged into. So, for instance if you are plugged into HDMI 1 on the TV, then use the remote and select "HDMI 1".
If the TV is giving a weak signal message, then one of two things has happened:
1) The TV is not on the correct Input. Select the Input you are specifically plugged into (HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 respectively).
2) The HDMI cable has failed or pulled loose. This is a digital cable and prone to failure more commonly than standard AV cables.
If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't seem to be able to get back to you, I have tried twice now!

I had said in 'Already tried' that I have an HDMI cable running from the TV to the Samsung Combo, and the TV is correctly set to HDMI1. The HDMI cable was brand new and surely would not have failed.

The User Guide for the Samsung Combo details how to set the Samsung Remote Control to the TV, but all efforts have proved unsuccessful! So, I have NO stored TV Channels on the Samsung Combo which makes recording direct from TV impossible.

Why did Samsung Support advise me to contact Panasonic to request resetting the Panasonic TV to Factory Settings?