info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My TV Model TX-32LXD85 shows a flashing timer red LED when

My TV Model TX-32LXD85 shows a flashing timer red LED when switched on but when I try to select a channel the power LED goes momentarily green then I can hear a 'click' and the flashing red returns.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

The powerlight will be blinking and pausing please count the amount of red blinks between pauses please like 5 blinks pause 5 blinks as an example?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Three blinks

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Alan OK please begin by doing this>>>>disconnect the set from wall power take out all of the inputs out of the back of the set, wait 5 mins then replug the set back in again WITHOUT inputs does the set start up or are you still getting 3 blinks?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Anthony, Still getting three blinks

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Alan their is a problem with the powerboard or mainboard within the set now your options are do the work yourself, you would however need to be practical an use small tools and a meter, get a engineer to do the work (not a good idea for a set of this size and age)or replace the set.

Now if you decide to do the work yourself I can help you with this ultimately it will mean replacing a board now the board itself may be £30_£80 depnding on where its sourced so again its a difficult decision when these smaller sets are now very cheap to pick up

Let me know which way you want to go with this thank you

A positive rating is appreciated thanks again

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Anthony, thanks I guess I'll have to buy a new set. Thanks for your help. I'll rate you now. Alan