Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I bought a 40ub800v 4k TV one week ago and can't seem

Customer Question

Hello I bought a 40ub800v 4k TV one week ago and can't seem to get the program guide to work can anybody help, it's driving me mad as I have a nice TV but no program guide to tell me what's on.
I have change satellite settings to a new satellite Astra 28.2 E reprogrammed and still nothing. I have a Humix PVR unit connected to the same satellite, through the same dish in another room and this has no problems connecting and showing all programs for the next eight day guide.
What am I doing wrong I can't possibly be the only person with no information on the eight day guide..... Please help....ps I am only connecting via the dish, no aerial.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you tell me HOW the satellite box is connected to the new tv?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes , I have a 4 way LNB, 2 of these go to other TV's in the house, both of these have epg information, this new TV has a twin cable to the TV but only one is connected to the tele. The other is incase I have sky plus 1.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
What I meant though is do you have the tv connected direct to the dish/lnb, or is it connected to a satellite receiver box (hdmi, etc)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable goes straight to the back of the TV, It has DVB-T2 Freeview HD tuner
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, Lance. Have you tried updating the firmware on the tv yet? (need network/internet connection for this)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have the latest firmware, I checked for a system update and it has the latest.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming. Can you try running the retune again, and let me know what you see on the guide then (error message, just blank, etc)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this 3 times, all I get is about 5-8 channels with programme data, but 90% of the channel data is blank. If I move forward 24 hours every channel is blank.
Once the auto tune is done it then doesn't sort, so I have to go to the programme edit function to manually change every channel to the correct order, I.e. BBC 1 as channel 1, and so on, for 60+ channels I would like.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming. It is sounding to me like the internal tuner just isn't compatible with the service you're receiving (freeview vs freesat), and in the end you'll most likely need to connect up an external satellite tuner box to get the full array of channels as well as the guide data. I can recommend some tuners for you, if you'd like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought this from currys and they show it has freesat HD is built in so this isn't correct.
When you are on the channels all the information for ever channel is correct and present. (I don't want an external turner, just want the internal one to work!)
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Well having the tuner and being able to decode/decrypt every station are not always the same thing. Unfortunately, I have no other solutions for this, so I'll opt out, and allow another expert that may have other options for you to step in.Please omit rating entirely, and do not reply back to me further, as that will hinder another from assisting. You don't need to do anything else, except wait for another expert to contact you.Best of luck to you,Nathan
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Please confirm that when you're on a channel and you press the guide button you can see the programmes for the next 24 hours.

However it's the 8 day EPG that is not populating?