Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am adding a samsung soundbar HW-H750 to my Sony Bravia KD-65X8505B.Is

Customer Question

I am adding a samsung soundbar HW-H750 to my Sony Bravia KD-65X8505B.Is there an Add New Device menu on the TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you tell me how you've connected them (hdmi, optical, rca, etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Connected with an optical cable.I have found the audio settings on the t.v.and selected the audio system instead of the t.v.speakers but still can't get sound system to work.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
That is the first step, you do have to set it to external/theater instead of tv speakers. The tv can't actually detect or communicate directly with the soundbar though, there is no device menu. The optical connection is a one way output from the tv. What sources/inputs are you using with the tv?Have you checked that the samsung is actually set to the optical/digital input mode?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not using any sources /inputs with the tv.The samsung is set to the optical/digital input mode as shown on the display.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Well you have to have something connected to the tv as an input/source device, or at least use the internal tuner with an antenna, or the internal apps (netflix, etc) to get something out of it, or there will be no sound, regardless of what devices are connected.
The tv will never detect or identify the soundbar via optical, it will only send audio out to it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a sky box connected to the tv.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Can you try, at least initially, hooking the soundbar directly to the sky box, and let me know if you get audio that way?Is the sky connected to tv via hdmi right now?