Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sanyo tv keeps showing 720p (1280x720) 50hz on screen intermittently.

Customer Question

sanyo tv keeps showing 720p (1280x720) 50hz on screen intermittently. How can I resolve this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What's the model number off of the back of the TV?
2) How long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?
3) What source(s) are connected to the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. SANYO CE37LD81-B

2. About 6 years

3. Talk Talk & aerial

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. By far, the most common cause of this problem is the source is not maintaining the resolution. So, in this case the Talk Talk box. If this unit is connected via HDMI, I would first suggest a full reboot of the box by disconnecting it from power, then disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable on both ends. Then plug the box back in and once it's rebooted, check and see if the TV maintains the resolution.
If not, then I would next suggest replaving the HDMI cable, as these cables are digital, and can go bad causing this problem.
Also, check and make sure that the resolution isn't in fact changing with the programming as some programs will be transmitted in a lower res format.
If you've checked both of these things, then I would suggest trying a thrid source (such as a Blu Ray or DVD player), to see if the issue also occurs with that device.
If not, then the issue is your Talk Talk box, and it would require replacement.
However if the DVD or BD player also exhibits the same problem, then the fault is within the TV, more specifically on the Mainboard (which is the AV processing board), and would require component replacement within the TV.