Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I purchased a Samsung eu32h6200 tv yesterday and it was

I purchased a Samsung eu32h6200 tv yesterday and it was running smoothly until I turned it off at the power switch and when I tried to switch on today the only response was the red light flashing when I pressed the remote on key. I am sure there is a simple solution but there is no detailed handbook to refer to. Thank you in anticipation of your reply David XXXX

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand, this is not a normal or desirable symptom from the TV, and to cut to the chase- I would suggest boxing it up and returning it. The only causes of the power light blinking on a Samsung is a lockup of the Mainboard, or a premature issue with the power supply board. This is a common issue with Samsung sets. However it may be worth trying a hard reset of the TV. To do this: 1) Disconnect the set from power. 2) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. 3) Wait 30 seconds and plug the TV back in, then press power once. 4) If this does not work then repeat the steps up to three more times and see what happens. Now, I have no way of knowing if this will work (depending on whether the set is simply locked up- or if it's faulty), so please try that first, and if you indeed have the same issue then the TV has a fault and would need to be returned to the retailer for an exchange. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and if you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my efforts before you go.