Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Samsung smart 3D tv the screen has an incorrect colour balance ie y

Customer Question

My Samsung smart 3D tv the screen has an incorrect colour balance ie yellow hew
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.
If you can tell me the full model number of the tv, I may be able to give you some basic settings to start with.
To get the very best picture however, your hdtv really needs to be calibrated. I recommend taking the time to perform the calibration process on any new tv. While there are some preset modes that will give a good picture, there are so many variables between tvs, even of the same make and model due to manufacturing differences, the only way to truly optimize the picture is to use a calibration disc (example: http://amzn.to/1F4h79a )
Using a calibration disc will ensure you have the proper settings for brightness, contrast, sharp, and color temperature, to match up with the calibration used on the recording equipment, so you will see the picture the way the movie/tv producers intended.
The calibration process is necessary to correct for variations in viewing environment, including viewing height, distance, and angle, as well as ambient lighting, altitude, as well as personal taste. If you prefer not to purchase a calibration disc, you can even burn your own copy for free (example: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496) though you won't receive a violet filter for color adjustment with this option.
I am a professional home theater installer and I insist on calibrating the tv's for every system I install to ensure the customer receives the best possible picture, and recommend that the calibration process is performed on any new tv. Having a pro come out that has a special colorimiter and computer software to fully calibrate your system is even better, but typically costs several hundred $. The disc and "by eye" version of what you can do yourself is a reasonable alternative.
Best regards,
Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nathan

Model No PS51D8000FUXXU {PLASMA] 3D

Version N202

S/N RZ34PB300152Y

Whilst getting model No etc I saw that there is a yellowish/lime colour flashing dot light about center of back ot TV