Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Sony Bravia KDL55W905A - Our 3 year old son has sprayed the

Sony Bravia KDL55W905A - Our 3 year old son has sprayed the tv with glass cleaner, since he did this earlier today, the light at the base of the tv is red and we have 3 lines running vertically down the middle of the tv - help
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first a few questions;Was it the screen or did any liquid fell inside the rear ?In other words that glass cleaner just leaked into the bottom front ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just the front we believe, he couldn't access the back of the tv, so we think liquid had just gone into the bottom front. Interestingly, now, the red light has stopped and it's back to the normal white- but the lines are still there
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello again

Somewhat odd about the blinking light but then with water damage there is no logic and anything can happen .

About those stripes though , i wish i could say that the same thing will happen and that they will disappear but in that case i would be very surprised .

If the water seeped in between the layers of the panel then you may have some irreversible damage .

Only way to find out now will be to wait and see .

In case of a defective panel , the only way to repair this would be to replace the panel but I must say that if you could find it , as a rule of thumb the panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv then it has to be stripped and rebuilt around the new panel .

Long story short , it could end up costing more than a new tv .

When under warranty , most companies will replace the tv not the panel

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today ,like some sort of reset but this is not the case i`m afraid .
Still, I hope this help somewhat and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.