info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Philips 37 PF 5321/10 TV. Will not change to channels selected,

Philips 37 PF 5321/10 TV. Will not change to channels selected, have new remote with new batteries, when a channel is selected the blue banner for that channel is displayed, but the TV stays where it it is, I have to turn the TV off for at least 30 mins.when switched on again it goes to the previously selected channel. ???????????? Help.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite/cable box/aerial?

If a box are you referring to the box remote OR the TV remote?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aerial/shared TV Remote.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Do you have anything else connected?like a bluray or video recorder?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, Video recorder & dvd player.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Make sure those are both switched OFF better still pull the leads out of the back of the set and see then if the set changes channel OK

Let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Disconnected both, TV changed perfectly about 5 times then I selected channel 5 the blue banner for that channel is displayed but no change, very similar to before.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Are the other channels 1,2,3,4, OK when you change back to them?is it just the 5 thats blank now?

Or is it stuck again?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is stuck.I think on channel 2, the channel 5 blue banner still displayed. but will not respond to remote for any changes.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Its seeming like a bad function board at least thats what it seems it will need to be eliminated anyhow, can you get the back off the set and disconnect this little board just behind the volume channel change ON THE SET ITSELF it will be one lead just take the lead out and try the set again with the remote, all as that does is disconnect the volume/channel change on the set, if it is that you can leaveit disconnected as these buttons are seldom used

Let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You Anthony for your help, I think I will invest in a new set, I assume the fact that it changes after being turned off for 30 mins. it allows the function board to cool down, I'm 79 years old so I don't think it wise to start going into the back of the TV. Thanks Anyway, I will leave my ratings.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK yes I believe it is the function board the tact switches go bad and behave like they are being pressed in had it many times other than that it may be a bad mainboard

Sorry its nothing easier let me know if I can do anything else

Their will be a rating bar with this post of smileys or stars please complete that thanks again

Anthony