Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

Some 6 months ago I purchased a Samsung 55" UE55H6700 television

Customer Question

Some 6 months ago I purchased a Samsung 55" UE55H6700 television with 3D caperbility.
Upon visiting ***** ***** technical section for setting up the above 3D I was shown the same model and having noted all the menues and sub menues I find that whereas the last sub menu on the shop T/V gives 3 options ie. 3D-to 3D, 2D-to 3D and 3D-to 2D ,
my Sub menu only gives 3D- to 3D, 3D- to 2D + Auto with NO access to get 2D- to 3D.
Can you please advise which setting I should use to get 2D - to 3D .
At the shops suggestion I was advised to get any updates which I have done but without
success. Where do I go from here?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Are you saying that you were unable to update, or that you did updates and there was no change?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. I undertook an update and my Denovo mains transfer unit was flickering for some considerable time and the T/V told me no updates were available. It seems that in the last 6 months a change in the software has taken place, whether this had a connection to the 3D section I have no way of knowing. My Blueray recorder appears to work correctly. My enquiry was in regard to using 2D to 3D facility which I understand should be available to me and which of the 3 options I should use.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
It should be available, but isn't always there, depending on the content that is being input. It can't upscale a low resolution signal for example, the source content has to be hdmi and high resolution for it to be able to apply the 2d to 3d conversion. Can you look in the samsung setup menu, under the Network, About, or Help sections, and tell me the current software version that is showing there? There may still be a necessary update, which I can help you to install manually if needed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As far as I can see current software version is B-HM60BSPWWB-1009.0

My Auto upgrade notification is ON . Generally I am told `not able to connect to internet for upgrade`. My Internal protocol set up is set to Auto. There is a `tick` on MAC address and a yellow X on IP address

Subnet Mask Gateway. DNS sub network config (IP) not valid. Finally it tells me to check network settings and enter valid values before trying again ! I have tried to change the IP address and other settings manually without success. At my property the telephone line is to say the least `not very good` and the transfer speed is ,at best, ***** *****

and usually bellow this. This could well be the overall trouble although

my computer seems to work reasonably well. All the terminology etc

is getting a bit above my head as I am 90 years old but I try to keep ahead with technology ----- perhaps this also part of the problem!!

Thanks for all your help anyway.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Lets go ahead and try the update manually.INstructions: http://bit.ly/1QMK0edUpdate file: http://bit.ly/1QMK5yr