Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Toshiba 40D1333B TV... All was well, I turned the

I have a Toshiba 40D1333B TV... All was well, I turned the TV off, as I went out. I returned several hours later tried to turn the TV on ..nothing happened, the LCD light remained off. I switched all off at the mains, unplugged it waited a few minutes then turned it back on, the lcg first flashes red then does a continuous green blinking... I can't seem to get the TV to turn on properly, all other equipment and sockets work well... The TV is approximated 12months old... Please help
Many thanks lisa
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi Lisa, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Other than that blinking power/status light, do you have any other signs of life from the tv, such as any brightness/glowing from the screen, clicking sounds, etc?
Do you know the exact age, meaning is it more or less than 12 months since it was purchased?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its a TV DVD combined, the DVD play will work when play is pressed on the controls, nothing comes on the screen, the screen remains off but you hear the DVD player 'wherring round'

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
But you never get any actual sound from the dvd player (normal audio), and you can't see the menu screen or other info come up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's right, you hear the mechanisms working ... the power/standby indicator continues to blink green.. The TV screen itself reaims off

Does this TV model have a trip switch ??

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming. Do you mean a reset switch? No, there is no reset/trip switch.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
The issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. If the tv is less than a year old, then toshiba would cover these repairs under their factory warranty.If you are beyond the warranty, even though it isn't very old, you're probably better off investing in a new tv instead. You can buy a brand new tv with a fresh warranty for the same price as repairs. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.