MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have an TX-L42ET5B Panasonic Viera television and I cannot

I have an TX-L42ET5B Panasonic Viera television and I cannot use the headphones stereo mini plug as it does no work why is that
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Where do you plug the headphone pin in TV?
- Is that particular jack has any label?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put in the headphone hole provided
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does TV speaker sound turn Off when insert headphone pin in that hole?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tried to check TV sound menu for any setting for headphone volume level?
OR what options appear in sound menu of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
what options appear in sound menu of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went into thr voice guideance menu tried them all still no good
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please increase volume level while headphone pin is plugged in, do you get sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I go into voice guidance the headphones work when I come out of voice guidance the headphones do not work why is that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried increasing the volume while headphone pin is plugged in no sound.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, plug the headphone and check the sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that and will get back to you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No problem, please take your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried pulling the TV power cord away from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset plugged the headphone back in still not working.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry Geoffrey, let me open the question for others on website to have a look and hopefully some one will soon be with you to assist you further.
I'm opting out now.
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi Different expert here,
When you plug in the headphones, the speakers should stop emitting any sound but the sound should automatically be sent to the headphones.
If you have tried different headphones with no sound the problem is the internal jack on the TV that is bad. This is actually quite common as many people don't use that port and there can be many TVs sent out that have this problem. I am a Technician so I see this all the time ;-)
This is a very inexpensive item to have fixed and the part only costs a few dollars.
But you will need a TV repair shop or someone who can solder electronics to come to you and replace that jack.
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Tech Michael
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience: I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.