Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Samsung TV model UE32D5520rk Is switching on and off every

Samsung TV model UE32D5520rk
Is switching on and off every 2minutes. Is there a quick fix
I have changed the batteries in the remote and unplugged and rebooted after two hours
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) After unplugging it were the symptoms exactly the same as before?
3) When you plugged it back in, did the TV turn on by itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. TV about 4 years old, problem today
2. Yes
3. No , I switched it on and then the problem continued. I can switch it off but when I switch it back on the problem keeps occuring
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this is a fault within the Mainboard of the TV, which is the component that produces the turn on and off commands to the power board. The EEPROM is the processor chip that controls all of these commands, and when these symptoms occur it means the EEPROM is corrupt/faulty and needs to be replaced. The part is:TV Part BN41-01660B / BN94-05069A It typically runs between $55-$100 for the part and is something you can replace with nothing more than a screwdriver if you're looking to perform a DIY repair. If this is not something you're comfortable with, a shop will charge closer to $225 parts and labor for this repair. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.