Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung smart tv model no UE32F4510AK type UE32F4510

I have a Samsung smart tv model no UE32F4510AK type UE32F4510 since last 4 weeks the tv has stopped catching any freeview channels. I have tried all other aerials retuned but nothing seems to work.
Could I get some advice please.
M
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info. 1) How long have you owned the set for? 2) How do you receive your Freeview channels- is it direct from an aerial to the TV or is there some sort of box in the mix?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Aric,

I've had the tv for just over an year now.

Channels-direct from an aerial cable.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. Have you tried unplugging the TV, then disconnecting and reconnecting the aerial, resetting the TV to factry defaults and then trying to run another scan? Additionally are there any other TV's in the home that are working off of this aerial connection ( just so we can rule out a compromise in the aerial lead itself)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not tried the factory reset yet, was worried that I might forget the pin number required in the beginning, but since I have had the tv I never reset the password.

No just the one tv in the house. But we tried a portable aerial in another house on a different tv, it worked there but not on my tv

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay I understand. Unfortunately there's not a quick fix for this- since you determined that the aerial is working fine, or that another aerial will still not work on this TV. Your options are to reset the TV to defaults (but the PIN may be an issue since I would not be privy to the PIN you used), to use an external Freeview tuner in between the TV and the aerial connection (this bypasses the TV's internal tuner), or to replace the Mainboard in the TV. I just checked and there are no Firmware updates available for this set, so the external Freeview tuner might be the best option unfortunately.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant find the factory reset option on the tv.

the pin is default, never changed it. I also have a small device that connects to the aerial and then it is plugged into the tv, not really sure what that is.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Go into MENU, settings and then scroll for Advanced, or a Reset option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Found it, tried reset. Scanned channels, nothing comes up. :(

I did try an external freeview tuner but that didn't catch any channels either

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay an external freeview tuner not picking up channels means your aerial is at fault- since an external tuner has no relation to the TV's tuner.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
So if you're certain the external tuner did not "catch" channels, and it was connected properly, then your fault is with your aerial cable- there's no two ways around that. If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Aric,

By external tuner you mean a freeview box right.

But since the tv has built in freeview should it not work if I connect a portable aerial to it.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Here's what we're trying to figure out: 1) This TV is no longer receiving Freeview channels and a Factory reset did not work. 2) An external Freeview tuner box is separate from this TV, and since the TV is not working then an external box would need to be used. 3) IF you are saying that an external Freeview Box does not work (which supersedes the TV's tuner), then the issue is with the aerial cable. You can't have two devices not working off the same aerial, unless the aerial is bad.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Understood the external freeview will not work as the same aerial cable is being used, whether it goes in the tv direct or through the external freeviw box.

But what about the portable aerial then, the small indoor ones. Should that not work on the tv as it separate from the aerial cable coming from the roof.

Sorry too many questions but im really going mad with this whole TV issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the indoor aerial- provided it's producing a strong enough signal for the TV to pickup, should work once a channel scan of the Samsung is performed.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
As a quick test, connect the indoor aerial to the Freeview box and run a scan on the box. Check to see if it picks up channels as this will help us narrow down the root cause of this problem.