Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I HAVE a DLC32SMART tv, I can connect it to the internet using

Customer Question

I HAVE a DLC32SMART tv, I can connect it to the internet using a Ethernet cable but it wont connect to my wireless network. the wireless network is showing up in networks available, I have contacted plusnet and they say I have entered the correct wireless key and they don't understand and surgested I contact you, please can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What is the error you get when it fails to connect to the wireless network?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't get an error after I click connect nothing happens, no messages saying cannot connect, or any other error

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the power from the TV and the wifi router and wait 10 minutes.
Once done, connect the wifi router to power and wait 5 minutes.
Then connect the power to the TV and turn it on.
Try to connect then to wifi and let me know what then happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks will try that when I get back home

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That didn't work, I went into network settings entered the key number and under configuration settings it still says disabled

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you said before you get no message, now you get a disabled message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I go into network settings it gives you the choice of wired device or wireless, I click on wireless devise , underneath it says configuration = disabled, I then click on scan for wireless networks, when plusnet comes up I click ok, it then says please wait, then please enter network key, then ok, then the screen goes back to the first screen I have described above and does not connect. Still saying configuration disabled.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the back of the wireless router is a reset button.
You may need to use a paperclip and with this push in the reset button and hold for 10 seconds then release.
Then power off the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Once done, power on the TV and then try to connect.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried what you said in your last reply, still not connecting

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem
It is the internal wireless card that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. We also know it is not the wifi router or the Key.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.