Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

While watching the TV through the BT vision box the sound sometimes

While watching the TV through the BT vision box the sound sometimes doesn't come on at all and then comes back after a while, or it sometimes goes on and off in the middle of a programme, model no. 40/188G-GB-5B-FTU-U
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean just the wall socket?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Yes, need to cut the AC supply going to TV and cable box so either turn Off the switch on wall socket or unplug power cords whichever is easy to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK done that, will wait 10 mins

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sure, take your time and reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It seems OK at the moment, can we call you back in 10 minutes if the sound goes again? Thanks

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Ann, it seems reset worked to resolve the internal sound processor issue in BT vision box which was causing intermittent sound problem. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only other thing is that the TV doesn't work, except through the vision box. and not through the remote control alone. Any ideas?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
TV doesn't work?
What happens if push power button on TV?