Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I am unable to switch on my tv 378V700B aand need help.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) Please double check that model number if you could.
2) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Modele L No 378V700B

Just under 3 years

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Maybe the "8" is a "B"- in that case it comes up.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Which is a Toshiba set. Now can you please tell me if there are ANY signs of life on the TV at all, at this point?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No signs at all. I am somewhat confused about the switching on and of system. I have to do so with a little switch at the lower left hand ( looking at the tv from the front) back corner of the tv. Normally I do switch off and on easily when the power of the tv is working but at this point I am confused since there is no power to give me an indication of on and off

There is also a white stripe at one end of that switch mentioned above..

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. You would need to turn on the switch on the back of the TV, and then press the standby button on the front. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can see some marks on the right hand side of the front of the TV but I cannot identify any clear standby button to press. I will be most thankful for some help here.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam