Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Re: Panasonic TX-L32/E6B. ive moved the television. it is

Re: Panasonic TX-L32/E6B.
ive moved the television. it is still in the same room and is still connected (tivo) to the virgin media box and i have tried unplugging all input and leaving off for several hours. still the tv wont switch on. the virgin box shows that the wireless is working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you see any lights on the TV at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Carol
Have you tried the TV on a different power socket to ensure thats not at fault?
If not can you please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes. And other electrical items continue to work on that same socket.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Carol
Without even a light showing on the TV, it means it gets no power at all. Its not a firmware issue, nor is it the mainboard as you then get a red light.
As we now know the power socket is ok, it confirms the issue as the internal power supply in the TV that has shorted out and blown and will need to be replaced.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV so they can replace this. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.