Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The screen has a pink hue when on freeview but when we play

The screen has a pink hue when on freeview but when we play a DVD it is fine...How do we get rid of the pink hue?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your TV in question?
- How do you get freeview channels on this TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LG 32LG3000

We have a free view box. We have tried two different freeview boxes using two different ariels in different rooms. The picture always is pink

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info,
What kind of connection cable/cord used to hook freeview box to TV?
Is it Scart or AV cable or Component video cables?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

scart lead but even when I don't bother with the freeview box and put the ariel in the back of the tv for regular channels it is still pink

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, and TV shows normal color when playback DVD player?
Have you tried to upgrade TV firmware (internal software)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it was normal when I hooked up the dvd player........no I haven't tried to up grade the TV firmware how do I do that??

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please go to following LG page, click on 'software upgrade' tab and download 'Software_File(Version_03.55.01).zip' and 'Software_Upgrade_Guide(English).pdf' files, pdf file has detailed instructions about how to upgrade the firmware.
http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-32LG3000
After successful firmware upgrade please check how it worked and if problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be hardware related issue in TV that will need main board replacement and this kind of work should be done by handy person/ TV tech in area. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.