Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a new TX-40cx700B, connected to a new humax freest pvr.

I have a new TX-40cx700B, connected to a new humax freest pvr. via HDMI cable, picture is good, NO SOUND… same cable in same HDMI slot takes sound perfectly fine from panasonic dvd player.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem .

As those PVR boxes are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;

Pull the PVR box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the PVR box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the PVR box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for the thought, did as you suggested but no change.

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

O.k then if you do have sound with the dvd in the same port and with the same cable then obviously something`s not up to par with that PVR .

Any way you could try it in another tv for a test , like the old tv for example ?

In any case now we know that the tv is fine so its out of the equation and the troubleshooting has to be done at the PVR if any troubleshooting is warranted beside replacing it.

Is that PVR new as well and did you ever get sound out of it ?

There are quite a few humax models so , does it have analog audio out beside the hdmi out port ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after not working I went back to Currys and replaced the pvr having the same outcome with the replacement. The pvr is working fine with the old TV, with sound. the PVR has several other outputs along side the HDMI, an optical SPDIF, a scart and analogue, video, left and right. This is a Humax, HDR 1010S/GB/1TB.

thanks

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
You don`t happen to have a scart cable do you for a test ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

FYI, I have just fixed it, changing the HDMI automatic detection mode from mode 2 to mode 1!

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Great , just downloaded the tv`s manual just for that purpose but you beat me to it i guess.

Here is the electronic version of that manual anyway if you ever need it .

Click the link here ;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v5o8aw68dkvg3c/TC-40CX700.pdf?dl=0

Happy tv now and make sure the dvd still works sound and all