info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have an LG smart TV model No: 42LV550T. I connect via a

I have an LG smart TV model No: 42LV550T.
I connect via a dongle to my wifi router.
Recently BBCiPlayer has stopped functioning. I can get to the BBCiPlayer home page, but when I try to load a programme the screen goes blank and nothing happens irrespective of the amount of time I wait.
YouTube and all other channels function fine.
It would appear that others are having similar problems
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Its almost certain to be the system software, there is a software upgrade for this set here

http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-42LV550T#

Please follow the guide carefully

Let meknow if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Athony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked on the version currently on my TV (06.01.28). On the website it says version 06.01.36 is the latest version.

When I try to update as instructed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doFkl9EuoaA) I receive the message that there is no update available so I can't access version 06.01.36. Strange!

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Michael you may have to do the upgrade manually download and transfer to flash, your version clearly is well out of date

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That was a fiddle for all sorts of reasons! Outcome though is sadly the same. I get the home page for iPlayer with a choice of programs. I click on a programme and the screen goes light grey, but nothing else.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Michael you will need to speak with LG its still going to be software, maybe they have an upgrade in the pipeline, if for some reason they say there is no issue here then your only option is to replace the mainboard however I firmly believe the mainboard is OK and this is not unusual I deal with Sharp sets that always seem to run into firmware issues that they have not yet released so customer has to live with it until the release comes out.

Michael one other thing make sure you reboot the set by unplugging it from wallpower and trying again just to be sure also make sure the version has updated

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK...Thanks Anthony. Tried unplugging but still the same problem. Will speak to LG

Best

Michael

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes go to the website and email them we won't hear anything ourselves until they decide to do something, again if there is no issue there end then the only option is to replace the mainboard

Let me know if I can do anything else

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar with this post thanks again

Anthony