Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a banner stating that i need ti retune and install channels,

I have a banner stating that i need ti retune and install channels, have done this and it is saying no channels found.
I also have Bt youview attached .
I think i may have pressed somthing on one of the two reote controls which may have caused this problem Please advise.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem .

From your description you have accidentally switched the tv to TV/antenna mode .

In other words you changed the input and need to get back to the input where the youview box is connected .

Look on the tv`s own remote for a button called INPUT or SOURCE and press it repeatedly until it gets back to the correct input.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions and if not then please let me have the tv`s model number written on the back cover, thank you .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had tried that but all i get is that " No channels have been added yet.Please go to Install and reune menu to add channels" I have done this time and time again to no avail.

Help

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
There has to be some ways to get out of there without tuning or re-tuning channels . I mean that not everyone and even better , less and less people are actually using the antenna connection at the back of the tv so it would not make sense to have a tv that won`t work without tuning some channels . What if the tv was used only as a computer monitor or display in a store window ?? Anyway , could you give me the tv`s model number and how is the youview box connected to the tv ? Is it HDMI or color coded component cables or even coaxial in the tv`s antenna terminal ???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Right the tv is a Toshiba 32D1334db LED backlight LCD tV. The ariel is is in the HDMI 1 socket.

It is carried through a bT extender box.

Does this help? Please advise

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Yes thank you and are you saying that you cannot select HDMI 1 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh really, I was using source and then pressing TV not HMDI ......

Stupid or what > I have turned it to HMDI and it is working.

Thank you for your help. Sorry to have disturbed you.

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.