Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Connecting bose to LG 49UB820V Smart 4k Ultra HD

Hi, we have LG 49UB820V Smart 4k Ultra HD 49" LED TV. We're trying to connect a bose lifestyle system to the tv. We have bought the bose system model av28 media center...2nd hand. When we try to play a DVD sound is good , but the picture comes up with a pink hugh. You can see the picture clearly but it's pink. Any help would be appreciated. (We've checked with the people we bought the system from and they advised they had a technician set up the box when they bought it... But the system was working fine when we bought it. As they had the system set up as integrated home system they didn't send us the connections (they was upgrading to a newer unit ) we have purchased s video and rgb too 3 1/2mil jack.

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. The component video cables (red/green/blue) are the best option for you to use in this case, but are still not ideal.When you bring up the bose on screen setup menu (rather than playing dvd) does that have the pink hue?What about any other input on the tv, such as a cable/satellite box?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. My husband has resolved the issue now. He changed the out put settings within the menu options. the Bose system unfortunately doesn't have hmdi out put though. I'm quite tech savvy ourselves and find this a little frustrating as we fully understand the picture quality would be better (our previous system had optical out put but we got the Bose for the sound quality). If you have an idea for better out put resulting in better picture quality I'm open to suggestions lol.... But so you know, the pink hugh was showing for the system menu as well as picture itself.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Although, now the picture is resolved, he has managed to knock the sound out lol ... It's saying thesound is unplugged lol

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the update. Not having hdmi was what I meant by it not being ideal. This is an older model bose, and while it is just fine for sound, if it were me I'd forego the internal bose dvd player and hook up an external standalone bluray player instead. For a 4k tv, you'd get much better overall picture, even from regular dvds, with an upscaling bluray player. You'd also likely get access to many apps that the tv doesn't have on its own, and you can get a good bluray in the $100 range or even less. I'm not sure what settings you changed, but you'll set the bose to 1080i output resolution, which is the best you can get from component video cables. For the sound, I'm assuming you did optical from the LG back to the bose, so you just need to have it set to that optical/tv aux input mode and it should pick it up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He changed it from component to ypbpr out put. (Don't know what that means but it works :-)

Now trying to figure out why it thinks the sound is unplugged :-(

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
How is everything connected currently?If you were using red/white from the tv back to the bose, it may actually be disconnected. It may also be looking for video only, rather than audio+video when you changed from component (do you mean composite?) to ypbpr (which means red/green/blue). If you're using optical, it shouldn't matter and should find the optical port (assuming you're connected to the proper optical input port)