Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Sony Bravia KDL37V4000 about 4 years old . The television

I have a Sony Bravia KDL37V4000 about 4 years old . The television had been switched off for a couple of weeks , and shortly after switching on the colour became vert saturated. It went back to normal a couple of times , but has now remained distorted for all yesterday and today . Any thoughts on a cure , please ?
Regards, ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

If you open the tv`s own menu , does it also show distorted or is it clear ?

What is your signal source , is it a cable box , dvb-t box , satellite etc. ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jack,

The TV menu shows distorted . It is digital / HD suitable aerial . I have two other tvs , one sharing the same aerial , and both are working fine .

Mike .

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Ok then if the tv`s own menu also shows up distorted then the problem is internal , not external equipment.

Here is something for you to try although i do not give this great hopes;

Pull out the tv`s power cord and hold its power button directly on the tv for 30 secs then try it again.

Do this 5 or 6 times and tell me if it changes anything ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jack ,

Did as instructed . Tried several ways including switching screen off first , then tv on standby , then unplugging with screen live . None have worked .

Regards ,

Mike .

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

O.k then Mike, without being there with tools and meters it would difficult to be specific but from your description you are looking at two possible suspect circuits.

The first one would be the t-con board and second would be the main board .

The parts themselves are not very expensive and either boards can be bought for less than £40 but you would need to be comfortable working with electronic equipment if you`d like to look into replacing this yourself

.

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself .
If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around 120 to £ 160 parts included and perhaps £ 30 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today ,like some sort of reset but this is not the case i`m afraid .
Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.

Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Jack .

I might look at doing the job . Can you confirm it is safe to work on the TV , once it is unplugged , or do I have to wait for any residual voltage drop ?

And are the boards clearly accessable and easy enough to identify and replace ?

Mike .

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Ok then yes to both .

This is not like the old tube tv`s and it is safe in the same minute you pulled out the power cord .

And yes it will be easy to indentify them .

By the look of it there are more than one version of main board for this model so you will have to match yours if needed but as i said , i would suspect the t-con first and it seems that everyone is out of stock on this t-con part # ***** , even the Chinese suppliers.

So what you could do is to sign up to be notified when back in stock at this UK supplier :

https://flattvparts.co.uk/sony-kdl-37v4000-t-con-55.37t03.c09-37t03-c00-t370xw02-vc-ctrl-bd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Jack .

I,ll Have a look at innards of TV , and decide what to do !

Regards,

Mike .

PS , I,ll rate good since there is no very good , and , of course a cure on line would have been excellent . hope that ok with you ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.