info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My TV TH42PZ7OBA Has a problem in that the power cable plug

My TV TH42PZ7OBA Has a problem in that the power cable plug has on occasion, fallen out of the socket , Having pushed it back several times, it will not now allow the switch on the front of the TV to operate.
It does seem to have a clip to prevent this happening, but the cable has never been in the clip, and indeed, seems to long to go in the clip.
How much will it cost to be repaired, and do you collect?
Thanking you for your assistance.
Bryan W Sargeant
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

We are a technical advice for a fee service so I can provide you with advice and costs etc just so long as you understand that?from the question I am not sure if you do

Thank You

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already paid the fee requested ie;£27-00 by master card and I have had an acknowledgement.

Bryan

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Bryan yes its with JustAnswer I don't receive any proportion of the fee until I am rated positively I am a verified technician with justanswer a user of the site like yourself.

OK I understand you have a problem with the power cable making full docking into the set now that could be a problem with the lead or the docking area, my interest now is that from what your saying you have the lead in but the set won't come on no power light lit at all on the front of the set is that correct?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Anthony,If I fiddle with the plug at the rear of the set, I can sometimes get the set to work but it is getting more problematic and it takes longer and longer to get the plug to dock properly.

Bryan

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Bryan I understand its looking like you will need an engineer for safety reasons here and it does sound like either the lead has become damaged or the socket itself.

Bryan if you give me your postcode I will look for the best options for you as hopefully the set can be repaired in-house

Let me know please and I will search for a engineer in your area

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Anthony,Many thanks , my code is CO58DD Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards Bryan

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Bryan please try here first

http://www.protechtv.co.uk/ <<click

Tel Number is ***** 864422

You really need a home visit for a set of that size let me know how it works out

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post thanks again, note the question will remain open at all times

Anthony