info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung tv 43 inch series 4 model number: PS43D450A2WXXU

Customer Question

Hi I have a Samsung tv 43 inch series 4 model number: PS43D450A2WXXU a few weeks back my tv was fine the other day I turn it on then the picture went black then it came back on then the picture went black again I turn it off I waited for a few minutes turned the tv on the picture was there but the picture went black again I can only hear sound any ideas what could be wrong with it?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome

Thank You for the Question

My name is Anthony

Just a little info so you understand clearly how this works.

I am an independent verified technician using the site like you are.

Your question will be given the best possible advice on the understanding that you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with the answer (not an info request), this is the only way I am allowed to receive funds from the site for my work thank you.

Please do not open a new question! stick with this one at all times. Bookmark this page so you can easily get back here (CTRL+D)

Please allow time for me to research your model and to type a reply this could be upto 5mins , also please be aware that if you reply at a later time I may not be at my computer but I WILL reply back.

If for any reason you are not happy with the answer do NOT rate me negatively but reply back to me so I understand your displeasure and have a chance to explain my answer or offer you an alternative.

Also please understand rating negatively does not instigate a refund.

Thanks for taking the time to read now on with your question....

Let me know EVERYTHING you have done to rectify the problem concerning your question to stop me going over old ground please, if you have not done anything other than already stated please let me know thank you.

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Haven't done anything at the moment

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks

Can you see any visible light at all on the display?even in a dark room?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see a green light inside the tv its blinking

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
No on the display itself?any light or is it completelt black?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its black

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK final question if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A while back it used to come on when I press menu it doesn't come on now

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK and as you seen the LED blinking in the back of the set thats the logic board that appears to be working, its looking like a failed mainboard but some voltage checks with a meter are needed to verify that, can you do any work yourself with the set?use a meter and small tools?I will provide the procedure

Let me know please

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know nothing about fixing tvs

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand actually modern TVs do lend themselves to being fixed by the owner however it depends entirely on the owners practicality for example the work would be suited to someone who uses small tools and test equipment like a meter for example a car mechanic/or mechanic generally/a electrician/a do-it-yourself person would be suited to do this being able to use a meter in addition is a great help, it does not suit everyone however.

If you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if I can do anything else

Have a great day and thank you kindly for the rating

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Anthony think that's it for now I will come back soon if I have any more questions

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes please let me know if I can do anything else this question will remain open thank you

Anthony