Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Ihave a smart tv tx-l39e6b I am unable to get itv or itv player

Ihave a smart tv tx-l39e6b I am unable to get itv or itv player to operate on the tv what do I need to do
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I assume you are trying to do this via the internal web browser on the panasonic. The issue here is the browser/tv itself.The browser function on these smart tvs is extremely limited in capability,It is not a full browser, and the tv isn't a computer that browser is designed for basic, primarily text based, websitesThe tv doesn't have flash, and can't run other plugins or extensions, so it can't handle most media based sites like you're trying to do.The only real way around that is if the site/service you're wanting to use has a dedicated app offered by samsung for this tv,like youtube for example. You can't go to youtube in the browser, but you can use the youtube app, same for netflix, etc.Now there are alternatives,by hooking up external devices for streaming media like a chromecast for example where you can pull up the content on your phone/tablet/computer,and display it on the tv through that device but the tv internally lacks that capability. The only way this would ever be possible is if Panasonic releases a firmware update for the tv adding that specific functionality. It is extremely unlikely this will ever happen though. If anything, they may add an updated itv app at some point. You can check the panasonic app store listings for itv functions, but going to the itv site is not going to work, now or likely ever. You can get a chromecast here: http://amzn.to/1Mw3WQ9Or for just a few more $ a firetv stick which is even better, and has a built in iplayer app: http://amzn.to/1Mw47ej Best regards, Nathan