info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Why does the screen on my polaroid tv turn itself off after

Customer Question

why does the screen on my polaroid tv turn itself off after being on for a few hours
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Welcome

Thank You for the Question

My name is Anthony

Just a little info so you understand clearly how this works.

I am an independent verified technician

Your question will be given the best possible advice on the understanding that you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be of stars or smileys with the answer (not an info request), this is the only way I am allowed to receive funds from the site for my work thank you.

Please do not open a new question! stick with this one at all times. Bookmark this page so you can easily get back here (CTRL+D)

Please allow time for me to research your model and to type a reply this could be up to 5mins , also please be aware that if you reply at a later time I may not be at my computer but I WILL reply back.

If for any reason you are not happy with the answer do NOT rate me negatively but reply back to me so I understand your displeasure and have a chance to explain my answer or offer you an alternative.

Also please understand rating negatively does not instigate a refund.

Thanks for taking the time to read now on with your question....

Is the powerlight staying ON or does this go OFF when the set shuts down please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have a polaroid led smart tv and it keeps turning itself off after continual use how can i stop this happening as it is in situ in my bar.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Does the sound stay ON the picture goes off to black?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

everything goes off after a few hours of watching as if it goes to sleep when the remote isn't used for a period of time

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Peter does the set drop to standby red light lit?or does that go out altogether please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nope the light stays on blue

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Peter if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the time the set mis-behaves does the menu come up please?this is a test that will help me with diagnosis thank you

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nope nothing,could it be a time setting if no buttons are pressed or the remote is not used

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Peter the only option available to you at a user level now is to reboot the set, that is unplug the set (and any box you may be using)from the wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug the set back in again (and the box) if that does not work you have a problem likely to be the main-board but could be the power-board I can help you with that assuming you think you can work on the set yourself(use small tools and maybe a meter)it may lead to replacement of either board.

Let me know if you need more info/help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony