info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My TV was working this morning with a programme. This afternoon

My TV was working this morning with a programme. This afternoon it asked me to tune it which I deed by going to menu. Some of the programmes were missing so I returned it again. The picels were breaking up on all the pictures and no sound. Then it told me "No Signal - O ". I cannot get anything on it now What to do next?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Are you watching TV via an aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am watching TV via an aerial.

TVis Trinitron Colour TV bought in 1995.

No. on the back is; 25DG17UG.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
No that's a remote number, Sony usually begin with a K have another look please

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have the original operating instructions and on the front of the booklet it quotes; KV-14M1U, KV-1471U, KV-14M1L and KV-1471L

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's it thank you.

Is the aerial outside on the roof?or is it somewhere else like inside in a loft ?or maybe you are using an indoor aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The aerial is on the roof for the benefit of three flats.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I see

Its likely that the amp feeding your flat has gone down, the only way to prove that is to take your set to a known working aerial or putting another known working set at the same aerial point usually 90% of the time for communal systems its a problem with the distribution amp you would need to contact your site owners or whoever deals with that.

Let me know if you need more info/help or have anything to add.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post, note the question will remain open at all times thank you

Anthony