Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Toshiba cloud TV has lines across the screen and is flickering

My Toshiba cloud TV has lines across the screen and is flickering and blurry , has also started to lose picture when turned on , have sound only . Have to power off at the socket , then switch back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble
What is the full model number of the tv?
Does this happen on all inputs/sources?
Is the toshiba on screen setup menu also affected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm a lady on my own , the serial number is ***** the back of the TV , it's wall mounted and I can't get it down myself . The ' quick start guide ' says L43**
W43** Digital series on the handset says CT 90429 if that's any help ! The home page for cloud services has same fault as TV programmes
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2013 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising (we often see hardware problems come up after 2-3 years of use) There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.For a tv of this size, replacement will often make more sense. You can get a brand new tv this size with a fresh warranty for about the same price as repairs. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards ***** ***** for the bad news,Nathan