Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I cant get my bush television to receive freeview i have checked

i cant get my bush television to receive freeview i have checked my aerial by connecting to another tv and it works perfectly but when i connect to my bush tv it says no signal
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full model number of your tv?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

freeview digital tft lcd tv

model idlcd26tv16hd

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming. Was this ever working before via aerial, or is this the first time trying to set that up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my tv was working on sky in my bedroom but i replaced iti with a smart tv and put the bush in my spare room i haye never used it as a freeview before

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming.The issue here is the tv itself. This is an older (2008) model, and the Bush brand tvs tend to be very basic and low quality. The tv lacks a digital internal tuner. While it is HD ready, that means it can accept a hd signal from an external source, it doesn't mean it can pick up all the current digital channels, and back when it was made the channels were primarily analogue. Those analog channels are no longer broadcast so it finds no signal. What you would need to do is either hook it back up to a sky box or connect up an external hdtv tuner. Here is an example: http://amzn.to/1JCOcMS Best regards,Nathan