Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Turned on UE48H000 no picture. tried turning off power at mails

Turned on UE48H000 no picture. tried turning off power at mails and reboot, no change. Help please
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask you for more information.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?
3) If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display normally?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The TV is less than six months old. There is sound but no picture. The TV has its own freesat tuner. Twin feeds attached. SSD USB drive connected to HDMI for PVR no other connections. Viewing via Freesat.

There is no image, however the remote seems to work in as much as it can change channels etc. You can hear it go to the smart hub. If I select iPlayer for example, as I know the position of the app, there is still no signal.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. Just to clarify, even when cycling through Inputs or accessing Apps, or adjusting volume- none of these indicators show on the screen- the screen remains completely pitch black?
If so, please shine a torch at a 45 degree angle against the screen and look very closely. Is there a shadowy image of the programming barely visible behind the screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No indicators show on the screen.

The screen is pitch black, no shadowy image when viewed with a torch.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
This isn't good news, and indicates the backlights within the screen have failed, which generally requires repairs under warranty.
However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.
The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (located on the lower, right, rear corner of the set- the middle control), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 2 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If unable to locate the TV's manual power button, please refer to page 20 of the "Quick Start" Guide at the link below to see the manual controls:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201407/20140715132455041/[UH8000-XU]BN68-05841G-04ENG-0714.pdf
The above is the only user-level reset you can try, and if the problem goes beyond that, this requires service to the LED backlighting in the set, which would be covered by Samsung under their one year parts and labor warranty on the set. In this case you would need to call them at the number below and start a repair ticker on the TV:
Samsung:
0330 SAMSUNG
Warranty details additionally are located at the link below:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.