Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I have purchased a polaroid 12v tv/dvd 19inch screen. There

Customer Question

I have purchased a polaroid 12v tv/dvd 19inch screen. There was no controller with it. I have purchased a one for all controller which works ok with my samsung, but will not operate the polaroid. Can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.
What is the full model number of the tv?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

serial number on back

1sy130300130407d004164

batch no 14/24/2013

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I can't do anything with the serial number. I need the actual model number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

only other info

19" hd ready led tv dvd combi

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
There has to be a model number printed on it somewhere. 1913-TDXB would be an example. It should be on a sticker on the back of the tv, or at least on the box or manual.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no other sticker on back. no box. no manual.

I presume this means that you cannot assist.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I can give you some general information, but there are a lot of variables here. There is a specific infrared code for each and every model, not just a generic polaroid code that works for everything they make. Polaroid isn't even a tv manufacturer, they are made by any number of low quality generic chinese companies and rebranded as polaroid products. I'ma ssuming you bought it used and that's why it has none of the parts? Does it power on or respond to commands from the onboard buttons on the front/side?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes. Power on is ok but only some freeview channels are available. try to get bbc1 etc brings up a request on the screen saying that if you are trying to watch tv make sure the ariel is properly connected then press auto tune, but the controller does not work with the tv

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
OKay, I didn't realize you were in the UK, sorry, that does help narrow it down a bit, and you most likely have the model I mentioned earlier, so lets work with the code for it. Can you please try 1523 as the code with your current remote?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no joy.

I have tried all the codes supplied with the manual with one for all. none work. the self scan system with the one foe all also fails

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no joy.

I have tried all the codes supplied with the manual with one for all. none work. the self scan system with the one foe all also fails.

The original label was over labelled with the name veltec