info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Panasonic TH50PX70BA whilst watching Sky through the

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TH50PX70BA whilst watching Sky through the TV the television will drop out the sky transmission and switch to a terrestrial channel, I have changed the sky box with another in my house and problem has occurred with 2nd box as well so I suspect not a sky issue
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

So the set will switch inputs to that of your aerial terrestrial TV is that correct please?

Can you switch it back to sky with the INPUT/SOURCE button?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have replied but I am still seeing this message why ?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Greg I can't see your reply above pleasepost again like you just did

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

Yes if I press source on remote control it goes back to the Sky signal/picture, also note Sky does not freeze but continues to play picture just drops out. This can happen several times a night and then television is perfectly fine for a couple of weeks

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK so its the TV thats jumping input to the aerial input

Greg does the TV have a manual input button ON THE SET ITSELF?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

Honest answer I do not know, where would it be ?? I am at work presently so not near the TV.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK just skipping that for now there are two things that can make the set jump inputs the remote control itself OR that button (assuming it has one) is intermittent, when the set is bad with this you will need to kill the remote by taking the batteries out, if its still the same we will need to explore the possibility the input button on the TV is bad, there are tact switches underneath the button that can go intermittent.

So let me know how the remote angle works out first

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Anthony

So I am clear if tv starts to jump take the batteries out of the remote control ?? how will I then switch channels back. When problem occurs remote is not being held by anybody or anything so obvious.

I will be home in about 2 hours time where logically on the TV would the input button be

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
If you do not see an input button on the front of the set near the channel and volume control buttons it does not have one

Yes take the batteries out to eliminate the remote as the cause and use the buttons on the TV

Its not possible to give you an answer without eliminating other things as there is more than one thing that can cause this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

I have found on the front of the telly buttons marked TV & AV which I have pressed and telly changes as required

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is the input button.

So you need to let me know first about the remote control being disabled during the fault condition and if it has any bearing on stopping the problem (the remote can transmit on its own spuriously that is what this test is about)

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

Will take batteries out next time problem occurs and revert

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes just to eliminate the remote then we move on if necessary thanks

So just bookmark this page please CTRL-D

Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Greg I am just interested to know how this check has worked out please?

Let me know thank you

Anthony