Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

When using my old white Sky+ box, i could plug in a coaxial

When using my old white Sky+ box, i could plug in a coaxial cable into the RF OUT socket and run the cable into the back of another TV in another room and watch the sky channel on both TV's.
The new Sky+HD box does not have an RF out socket so is there a way we could wire it up to still be able to watch the same channel in another room.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Please check following link to view an image of Sky+HD box, is it what you have or different box?
http://www.sky.com/shop/export/sites/www.sky.com/shop/__16ColImages/tv/sky-plus-hd-box/Tech_Specs.jpg_2092901345.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not quite. Mine hasnt got the 3 coloured audio sockets that are in your picture. Everything else the same

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, is it possible for you to provide me picture of rear of that Sky+HD box to see the options?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have to give me 5 mins to get a pic.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
No problem, please take your time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Struggling here as my computer wont let me use a photo i downloaded from my phone. You got a mobile i can send it to.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please upload the picture to any file sharing site such as
http://imgur.com/
and post here the file link so I can view it OR use paperclip icon in above tool bar where you type the reply to attach the file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Think i might have it. I not very good with these links and things.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the picture.We need RF Modulator box with Scart Input and can use Scart port at back of Sky HD box to get AV output to hook into Scart Input of modulator box with Scart cable and you will get RF Out at modulator box to connect the coaxial cable for other TV.Please check following link to view RF Modulator box with Scart Input price info..http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scart-RF-Aerial-Modulator-Converter/dp/B007FT8OAM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GTFEN3MW1PQVG6TCKQZI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You get the pictures?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I got the picture that attached to this thread which helped me to suggest a way to keep watching Sky box output on other TV as you had it with old box.
Did you get my previous reply?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has just come through with this message.

So if i plug a scart into the back on the new Sky HD box and then connect the original coax cable to it, it should transfer the same channel to the second tv?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You need to add a device calls 'RF Modulator box with Scart Input' which will do this job, plug a scart into the back on the new Sky HD box and then connect it to RF Modulator box Scart Input and connect original coax cable to RF Out of modulator box, it should transfer the same channel to the second TV.
I hope this info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just found the same thing on ebay for £16.99. It will be here on Monday. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Mal.
Regards,
Shahid.