Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My tvonics dtr-z500hd has developed a fault. The epg channel

My tvonics dtr-z500hd has developed a fault. The epg channel list is unstable in that it duplicates and overwrites almost every channel from ch. 10 onwards with either the horror channel or bt sport preview. I have retuned it twice and checked all connections but not yet tried resetting the stb. Can you help please? Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
As an initial step, can you please unplug power to the box, at the mains, for 60+ seconds for a quick reboot, and let me know if that helps?Do you have any trouble playing back dvr events?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had already tried that to no avail. It's my standard cure for when the box freezes, as my old pace box used to do. I have just reset the box before reading your email and that so far seems to have worked, but it could go wrong again tomorrow. I am doing a test timer record later tonight because it failed on 3 recordings today. I don't usually have trouble on playback, but recordings often fail - channels 9, 14,19, 21 and 24.

I will let you know the situation tomorrow afternoon.

Val

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, Val.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nathan

Just to let you know that the problem seems to have been cured. The epg is back to normal and stable, and 3 test records (channels 17, 2 and 5) were successful. If a recording tonight on ch. 9 takes, that will be brilliant since ch.9 has never previously worked in over 3 years.

Please let me know if I owe you anything more, and thank you.

Val

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the update, Val. I'm glad to hear that reset did the trick again this time. If the issue still comes back, then you've got a faulty hard drive in the unit or it needs a firmware update (drive is more likely, though). If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan